Last week we got an email from Lexie's teacher inviting us to come to the awards assembly because Lexie would be receiving an award. Earlier that afternoon they announced in her class who was getting awards & her name was on the list. The next day, I went for the assembly & they never called her name. She looked confused & I looked at her & told her not to worry about it, mistakes happen. Her teacher came back & talked to her & gave her a hug, but the award had been forgotten. (He felt so bad & I felt so bad that he felt so bad. It really wasn't that big of a deal.) She cried a little but mainly after all the kids in her class, who knew she should have gotten one, started asking what happened. I gave her a hug & said it's not a big deal & she went back to class. I was really pleased after school when I asked her if she was alright & she said, "Yes, I don't need an award every time I do something good. I should be doing good things anyway." That made me smile. And Lexie had a great smile today when she did get her missing award. She got it for having one of her art pictures chosen for a school art show. Way to go, Lex!
No comments:
Post a Comment