Sunday, January 16, 2011

Great To Be 8


It was a fun experience to go to the "Great to be 8" Fireside with Lexie tonight. We still can't believe she is almost old enough to be baptized, but are excited for her. We learned she gets to be baptized on a very special day, Aug. 6th. That is the day my Dad died so it holds great significance to us. She cried when I told her that, but then we talked about how special it will be to remember him & the good example he was & also how he'll be there too, to see her baptism. It was funny during Sacrament Meeting this morning, Lexie turned to me & said, "Mom, it's really weird. I'm feeling something I've never felt before. I feel like I'm really getting to be a big girl. It's really weird." We are so pleased with what a wonderful little girl she is & the big girl she is becoming! We are so blessed to have her in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment