It was wonderful that there was no school yesterday & that Rick took the day off! We got started on a lot of projects around the yard. We're tired & sore, but so glad that they are getting done.
Yesterday we power washed half of the fence & we'll finish that this week & stain it this coming weekend. (This is what the half that isn't done looks like.)
We weeded & cleared the garden so we could build some garden boxes this year.
We thought they'd look better & hopefully grow better. The first 3 years of being here our garden was awesome. The last 2 it's done well, but not like we've wanted, so we're hoping this will do the trick & that it will be easier to add/change the soil. I'm excited for FHE on Monday so we can start planting out there! (And there is part of the half of the fence we did get washed.)
This is how I found Lexie & Joseph last night waiting for us to come do bedtime routine with everyone. I love that they are such good friends & that they love to read!
And since we did so much cleaning up outside, this little one thought it was a great time to come out of her diaper so we would be reminded that inside needs a good spring cleaning as well. Goofy girl!
Today while Rick was taking the kids to all of the "make & take" crafts at Lowe's & JoAnn's & picking up a few other things, Eliza & I did get the kitchen spotless. We got some more good work done on the boxes, played with friends, & I got to help one of my pretty nieces do her hair for prom. She looked lovely!
We love fun, good, hard-working weekends. Looking forward to this next one as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment