Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bye, Bye, August

After school the kids quickly did their homework so they could put a talent show on for us. We didn't have time for that before Rick headed off for Andrew's back to school night. So, while he was gone we got a few things done. First, Lexie and Joseph had to write their parts for the Primary Program. I thought they did a really good job. They wrote them all by themselves. It will be fun to see them say their parts. Andrew has his memorized already & says it a lot during the day. "I can follow God's plan by choosing the right." I love how his voice goes up on "right."
Joseph's says: "I've been asked to come up and speak on this primary program. (I'm going to try and get him to take this out. The problem with them writing their parts by themselves is they seem very protective of them.) I have followed the prophet by listening to General Conference. It was a great experience to listen to General Conference last time because it was my birthday on April second. I am grateful for a prophet who tells us what God wants us to know so we can be happy. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
Lexie's says: "I know that when I was baptized I was choosing the right. When I was being baptized I felt the Holy ghost. It was telling me that I was obeying God's commandments. I felt clean after I got out of the water. When I was confirmed I felt as if there was a blanket around my heart. I'm grateful I could be baptized and have the Holy Ghost with me."

It's awesome to see our kids grow in the gospel & watch their little testimonies grow. We sure love them.
Once they finished their parts we decided to play outside until Rick got home so we could do the talent show. There's nothing like riding bikes & scooters all dressed up. It was a good time.
Eliza loved banging on Andrew's helmet & would get so excited whenever one of the kids rode by her. She sure loves her siblings!
Once Rick got home we watched the talent show of hula hoop tricks, dancing, and songs. We noticed that whenever we sing "I Am a Child of God" Liza nods over and over & she did it tonight while Lexie sang "Families Can Be Together Forever". It's funny. On Sunday during all of the songs I noticed she would head bang a little but she would throw her arm around like she was conducting the music. I think we have a little music lover & we think that is great.
It's hard to believe that August is already over! Who knew a month could fly by as quickly as this one seems to have done. We sure love summer but are excited for the cooler temps of fall (but hopefully not that cool).


No comments:

Post a Comment