Monday, August 15, 2011

First Day of School

After only 2 short months of summer the school year has begun! (sigh)
Lexie started 3rd grade today


and Joseph started 1st grade today!



Yesterday Lexie was nervous beyond belief (& a little bit today but more her cautious/observant self). Joseph on the other hand is my confident little guy who has been looking forward to first grade for what seems like forever surprised me by getting all nervous once we got in line to go into class. I needed to go find Andrew who ran off with a friend to play & said, "I've gotta run & find Andrew, are you going to be okay, Joseph?" Joseph got this sad look on his face & said, "No, I need to go home & spend all day long with you again." I was shocked!



Andrew & I had a fun afternoon though & Andrew got to play with his buddy & help me make brownies. They really enjoyed licking the beaters and being goofy.
Finally, the school day was over and the kiddos came home. :) They survived the day & had a blast in their classes. Joseph has Lexie's kindergarten teacher as his teacher so we are excited about getting to work with her again. And Lexie's teacher seems really nice as well. Here's hoping the rest of the school year goes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment