It started out well with Joseph (super excitedly) noticing that the tooth fairy left 2 coins for him this morning. :)

We've had so many great tomatoes & I've been wanting to try canning diced tomatoes. (I really wanted to can salsa but not enough time to get that done. Maybe next time.) But I decided since I had nothing else on my calendar for the day, I had better get the canning done before everything goes bad. The kids had a great time picking all of the red tomatoes from the garden this morning before school. Lexie's class is talking about how plants grow so she wanted to take some of our veggies in to show her class. Poor girl carried about 5 lbs of veggies in her backpack (2 kinds of squash, a carrot, bean, tomato, & what she called "the most perfect pepper"). I'm glad she gets so excited about her veggies.
Once the kids were dropped off & Liza was down for a nap, Andrew & I started dicing tomatoes.
It didn't take too long, so that was good. And we ended up getting 5 1/2 quarts canned. Not too bad for a mornings work.
Yesterday Lexie started piano lessons. She was quite nervous about it to begin with but ended up loving it! She loves her teacher & loves that the pages have "silly pictures" she can look at when she practices.
She loves to play the piano already! She came home from school today asking when she could get her practicing done. I hope that keeps up. She also likes to relax a little while practicing.
Andrew has started getting books at preschool and is a great little reader. Tonight he got to read with Rick for the first time and did a great job reading the book straight through.
No comments:
Post a Comment