Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veteran's Day!

At the end of Joseph's parent/teacher conference his teacher asked him to show us his letter he wrote to send to the troops for Veteran's Day. After we were done she handed us a copy she had made for us. That was so sweet of her.

So here is gratitude for our troops through the eyes of our 1st grader.
Joseph insisted on wearing his camo jammies all day in honor of Veteran's Day.
I was surprised this morning while looking at a friend's blog post & Lexie saw this picture & asked if it was Flanders Fields. I didn't even know that she knew what it was or that it even existed.
I told her it was & she told me they made a bunch of poppies in class yesterday & learned about it. I'm grateful that my kids are learning some real history & to have gratitude for our freedoms & for those who defend it.
Thank you to all those who have served & to their families!

No comments:

Post a Comment