Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Moms are the best! I am so blessed to have my mom! She is wonderful! As my sister Heather put it, she passed Parenting 1212 & I'm lucky enough to have been able to pick up many tricks from her (& other awesome siblings & friends)! Basically, I love my mom & think she is the best & am so grateful for her!
Rick feels the same way about his mother. (We're pretty lucky that way to both have awesome mothers!)
Thank you, Moms, for being the best & teaching us so much! We are so blessed to have you in our lives!

Our kiddos have been so excited about Mother's Day. For the last week they've been working on all sorts of Mother's Day surprises, telling me I can't go into certain rooms & not to peek as they walk by with something hidden behind their backs. It's been so fun to watch!

On Thursday, I went & had "Muffins with Mom" with Andrew in his class. He made me this great poster! And I really enjoyed playing with him & listening to him sing & just be so cute!
It says: My Mom is 12 years old. Her name is Cheryl. Her favorite color is pink & purple! She loves to bake soup at home in the kitchen with me! Mom's favorite food is cake. She always watches movies upstairs in her room with me. We play legos together. I love her more than my Daddy. Love, Andrew

On Friday, Joseph sent Rick this note (through his special delivery service).
It says: MOTHER'S DAY PARTY
Where: Big Room
What to Bring: cookies and brownies, green table, and cute party bags, tishu paper to match bags.
Day: Sunday, after church
Thanks!
Hope to see you there!

They are such the little party planners!
And so today, Rick made cookies & brownies (the brownies were for after dinner dessert) & we had a party! The kids sang "Happy Mother's Day" to me & we opened some fun presents.
Lexie made a little book at school & gave me pretty rocks & a shell she found & a flower that shows how her love grows for me. Both she & Joseph made pop-up cards for me, too. They love to create & make things! Andrew also colored some great pictures for me!
Lexie's book started with a picture that she drew of me & then it said:
About my mother: Her eyes are brown. She is 32 years old. Her favorite color is blue & green. Her favorite food is salad and pancakes. Her hobbies are taking care of my siblings. Her favorite place to shop is Sprouts. Her favorite thing to read is chapter books. Her favorite restaurant is Village Inn. Her favorite TV show is Wheel of Fortune. Her favorite animal is cats. Her favorite holiday is Mother's Day.
While I am at school all day, my mom spends her time taking care of my little siblings.
My mom is really good at cooking dinner and taking care of my little sister, and doing her work. She's as helpful and hard working as a busy bee.
Together, my mom and I like to color, cook, and read with me.
My mom is the best because she is awesome and wonderful! I LOVE YOU!

Joseph made this fun card in his class & I even got to help. (I was really good not to peek at what he wrote, though.)
It says: I love you because you help me with my homework. You get me presents I will like on holidays. You come to help at my class at school on some days. I love you and you are the best Mom in the whole world!!!
At home, he wrote this book, I Love My Mother, for me.
It says: I love my mother all the time when I am neer and far. I love her all the time every day she is mine. I love her at home or at scool no mater where I am she will always be mine. She loves her whole family any where they are. She loves her family I love my mom.......all the time she will all ways be my Best mother through them all.

After the party, Rick was kind enough to take my Mother's Day nap with Eliza.
The other kids thought that it was funny that they fell asleep & pretended to nap with them, too.
Then we played Legos for awhile & hung out. I got some fun one-on-one time with each of them.
After dinner we had the brownie surprise! I sure love my kiddos & am so grateful that I get to be their mother! They are truly amazing!!

1 comment: