Friday, July 29, 2011

A Birthday Party

Tonight we had Lexie's friend birthday party. She started out wanting a science party. So, I figured out some things to do there. Then she wanted an art party. So, started to plan that one out. Then, lastly, she decided she really wanted a princess party. Quickly, we planned this party out. I was running out of ideas though of what to do since the theme was just princess, not one princess imparticular. So, I decided to do a variety of activities using a variety of princesses. But first, here is the cake. Thank you, Kiffon, for letting us use your castle cake set!
I guess it looks good enough to eat.
For the party we started out with each of the girls decorating tiaras. They loved this! Then we did a Cinderella relay where they had to put on an apron, scrub a bit on my kitchen floor, hula hoop/dance, count to 12 for midnight, pop the pumpkin, & match the shoe to the proper owner. They had a blast!
Next, we played pin the crown on the princess. (One of Lexie's requests.) We bobbed for apples for Snow White. They played tag while eating their apples & playing. Then we came in & decorated pillow cases for Sleeping Beauty & made hair bows for Rapunzel. We then did a memory game for Belle (since she is so studious).
Andrew was so funny bobbing for apples.
The girls all seemed to have a lot of fun & laughed way too much! I think the party was a success!
Happy Birthday, Lexie!

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, you go all out! That's awesome. My kids don't even know cakes can look like that. I think I'll keep them in the dark. Way to go super-mom, and happy birthday L!

    ReplyDelete