Saturday, August 6, 2011

Lexie's Baptism

Today was Lexie's baptism! She got to share her baptism day with her friend, Kristin.
Lexie's baptism went really well. She was so excited about the ordinance & kept saying, "I can't wait to be baptized!"
Lexie says, "I'm so glad that I could be baptized. And that I could get the Holy Ghost. I felt the Spirit when I was confirmed. It made me feel warm & good. I was so glad that so much friends and family could come. My favorite part of my baptism was being baptized and confirmed."
Here are some of the presents she got from Grandma & Aunt Becca.
Her new scriptures from us.

With the cake for refreshments.

Here is the family before the baptism.

While we set up for the baptism, Lexie played lots with Liza.

I think Liza loved peek-a-boo tons!

Liza & Rick snuggling.

Lexie with her grandparents.

Lexie with Uncle Nathan. (Becca was busy helping us practice for the songs & I never got a pic of her family. :( )
Lexie in front of the font.
Kristin & Lexie.

Lexie & Daddy.

Lexie & her 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Q.

Jacob & Matthew trying on tutus. So beautiful.
Today was a very special day and we are so grateful for Lexie and her goodness and the wonderful decision she made to be baptized. We hope she will always remember the covenants she made today with her Heavenly Father and always remember the Spirit she felt. She has such an awesome spirit about her and teaches us so much about the gospel by her example. She is a wonderful big sister and teaches her siblings with love and patience and we love to see them interact. We love you so much, Lexie! We've been amazed at how well you have listened to the promptings of the spirit already in your life and have been touched as we've seen the effects of those promptings on others. We hope you will always listen to the spirit. We look forward to seeing you continue to make wonderful choices in your life and know you will do amazing things!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Lexie! She looked so beautiful in that pretty white dress. How exciting for her. Also, I really liked the picture of Eliza and Rick snuggling--so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete