Thursday, September 1, 2011

Joseph's Tooth (or Teeth) Adventure

About a week ago Joseph was begging me to put an apple in his lunch so he could lose his tooth at school. I did. But he didn't lose it. He wanted to lose it at school so he could get a tooth holder from the school nurse (& so he could be like Lexie who lost a tooth at school but didn't get a tooth holder, she got an envelope).
Behold, the coveted tooth holder:
When I went to pick him up from school today, I ran into the mom of one of his friends & we started talking. She told me to be sure to ask Joseph about his adventure he had today. I asked, "um, what adventure?" And she said, with his tooth. She saw him searching the gym floor for his tooth that he lost when it fell out of his mouth. I was excited because this is just what he had wanted. Then I find my Joseph & he had a big closed mouth smile & wouldn't talk to me but just kept on grinning. He also had a cool sticker. I asked him to tell me about his day & finally he smiled & surprise!!
Yep, he didn't just lose 1 tooth at school. He lost his 2 front teeth! A boy in his class accidentally elbowed him in the mouth & knocked them right out of his mouth.
Then he got to go to the nurse, clean up his mouth, get this cool holder and sticker, & then went searching for his second tooth that he lost on the gym floor.

It was lots of fun to hear all about his tooth-teeth adventure. This cute boy is so excited to surprise his Dad when he gets home from work! It's going to be so fun surprising him with this adorable, toothless grin!



1 comment:

  1. How exciting for Joseph! Now he can sing, "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth" and it will be true. :)

    ReplyDelete