Today we had to get the cake for Rick's birthday done since he's taking tomorrow off from work. So we baked & I had to run to the store for parchment paper & when I got home the wind got crazy outside. And our fence started to lean really badly. I called my neighbor, Trent, to see if there's anything I should do to keep it up (fences are still new to me) & he came to look at it & we both got nervous it was going to fall on him. That wind was so strong. So, looks like we'll need to get some new posts or something.
We made Rick a yummy cake & used the Pioneer Woman's recipes for the cake & frosting (so yummy-thanks, Kiffon). We sent Rick upstairs with Eliza so the kiddos could decorate his cake in secret. At first they wanted to do another pickle cake but since we did that last year they decided to do a scuba diving/underwater cake because they know how much he loves to dive. It was a lot of fun.
Tonight the wind started coming from the other direction, but not nearly as strong as it was earlier in the afternoon. The fence started to fall the other way, so Rick decided we'd better take a few sections down so the whole thing doesn't come down. Our good neighbor came over to help & they had it down in no time. Three of the posts had broken at the base so it will be an easy fix.
No comments:
Post a Comment