Yesterday I was preparing Andrew for the dentist. Last time he freaked out about getting into the chair & wouldn't let them clean his teeth. Finally, we coaxed him into letting one of the hygienists count his teeth. So, I started with that idea, reminding him that he'll get to have his teeth counted. He got this bright look on his face and said, "I'm gonna take my calcudalator so they can count my teeth!" And promptly runs out of the room to get it & put it in his pocket. And sure enough, today he jumped right up into the chair & let them work on his teeth. The hygienist was awesome. She had him help count. She had him punch in 10 for the top then push the plus sign & counted 10 for the bottom & then hit equal for: tada 20! (They were amazed that he could push all of the numbers himself & knew what to push for that matter.)
Here's a little video of after the appointment to record how he says calculator. I love it! And this little boy sure loves math & calculators. (He gets that from his dad & brother & mom & sister. Alright, we all love crunching numbers.)
After the kids all got their teeth cleaned it was Rick's turn & they got to help. They had a blast squirting Mr. Thirsty into his mouth & sucking the water back out.
And sometimes taking a drink as well.
I think we have some little dentists in the making around here.

And gratefully, we all made it with not only super clean teeth, but a clean bill of health (no cavities)! Hooray! Lexie & Joseph started whining that they have to wait 6 whole months until we can go back again! We love our dentist!





No comments:
Post a Comment