Yesterday I was talking with Andrew & asked him what he wanted to be when he grows up & he thought about it for a minute & then said he wanted to be a baseball player. That surprised me because we don't watch baseball at our house much (or rather at all) & he's never played it.
This morning when he climbed into bed this morning I asked him again so he could tell Rick (I thought he'd be surprised by his answer). Andrew thought for a minute & then Rick chimed in with "happy" & Andrew agreed. So I asked him again & he answered, "Respectable." Yes, that is definitely something we want you to be!
Then we asked him where he learned that word & he said, "Joseph." I'm grateful that he has a good big brother, whom we also want to grow up to be very respectable, but who also teaches him well by his example.
Lucky. My older boys recently taught my 4 year old the word "idiot". Oh yeah, we were real happy about it. ;)
ReplyDelete