Saturday, October 29, 2011

Craftiness:Or The Attempt Thereof

So back in the fall of 2009 my friend, Lori, inspired me to make a little Halloween decor. It only took me until early September of 2011 to finish the project. The blocks of wood have been sitting on my bookshelf for that long. But, I finally made it. And it only took me one evening once the kids were down to do it. (Lexie did help me paint the blocks before dinner. She's a great helper.)
Yesterday I saw this shirt on Pinterest & decided to make an attempt at making it for the girls. It wasn't quite as easy as the blocks. (I only sewed the back of the shirt to the front once. I was so careful but made a hole. It's fixed now, just don't look at the back of Lexie's shirt.) After the couple of hours it took to make I learned that I'm really not a great seamstress but I enjoy trying to learn new things. Lexie helped me pick out the fabric & then make them, too.
They certainly didn't turn out perfectly, but they both have a new Fall shirt to wear on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl, you did great! That's so funny that you just made the blocks. Just the other day I was making another set and a "Boo" set as prizes for my annual Halloween Bunko party. The shirts are really cute too!

    ReplyDelete