Friday, December 9, 2011

Bookmark Contest

Each year the school has a contest where the kids get to design a bookmark. Joseph's won for the first graders! When the librarian called me on Wednesday to let me know I thought, "Bummer, I have no idea what it looks like." I called Rick & told him about it & he started laughing! (Never a good sign.) When Joseph showed it to him, Rick asked him, "Are you sure you want to turn that in?"(In all fairness to Rick, he only saw it when it was half done, but he didn't know that at the time.) But, Joseph did a great job & he was super excited that he won & got to wear a ribbon all day at school!
Here he is walking up to get his pile of bookmarks to hand out at Barnes & Noble.
With our awesome Art Teacher & Librarian.
It was fun watching Joseph be super shy about handing bookmarks out to lots of the people there & then see him start to open up a bit & really have a fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment