Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cookie Night

Well, we don't have much documentation of our fun evening. Poor Rick thought he had turned on record only to find he turned it on for the applause (when he was wanting to stop the recording). So we missed his "I wish I were a pickle pizza" song, but that's alright. Everyone (his family at least) is still in love with him.

Rick did get this shot of him though. Poor Rick was doing double duty on the camera tonight while I wrestled with Eliza.
But the real proof of us being there: the cookies! And oh so many cookies! Before going I told the kids they could try 4 different kinds if they acted appropriately. They were so excited. But then the teachers announced that they were handing out bags for the kids to fill so they could try lots of different kinds. So, Lexie & Joseph worked on filling one "for the family to try" of course. There are a few for us to try, but they each ate between 5 & 7 cookies each. The kids say they were all delicious!

We love Cookie Night but love watching Andrew perform even more. He is so charismatic lately, especially with performing. He was sure to tell me that he had to sing loudly & that crying wasn't allowed or else the parents wouldn't be able to hear the song clearly. And had very strict instructions about how tonight was going to go for us. It was cute & fun to see how much ownership he felt in the evening for us. And it's awesome to see how much he loves his teachers, Miss Krista, Miss Alysse, & Miss Ahn. He adores them & they adore him, too, and that just makes us all happy!

On the way to the school this evening, Andrew said, "This is the best day ever!" And he just declared, "I love Cookie Night!" I think that says it all.
"I wish I were a pepperoni pizza. That is what I truly long to be. For if I were a pepperoni pizza, everyone would be in love with me!" Yep, the song is stuck in our head!

No comments:

Post a Comment